How to Create a Flat File in SAP Data Services - Tutorial Video
Watch the video to discover how to create a flat file in SAP Data Services.
Watch the video to learn about:
- Creating a CSV file format
- Tips for naming conventions of flat files
- How to automatically name files and get rid of the first row header
- Tips for using delimiters
- Navigating error handling
- How to use a flat file for a source or a target
Tip : SAP Business Objects can be complicated. Our expert consultants can help. See how or contact us .
Step-by-Step Guide for Flat File in Data Services Creation
If you need to create a flat file to manage information you can follow these steps for flat file creation to ensure your success.
- Create a New Flat File Format
- Define General Properties
- Define File and File Location
- Define Delimeter Properties
- Define Input/Output Properties including column definitions
- Define Error Handling
- Save and Close
To learn more about data management with SAP check out our other Data Services tutorials ! And if you have any questions or need information about how we can help with your next data project, contact us below.